Photo International Business Times
- 'Hospitals at breaking point'
- Ambulance Victoria ran out of ambulances and had to call in police officers, firefighters, non-emergency patient vehicles and field doctors trained for disasters to help with transporting acutely ill patients to hospital.
- Ambulance Victoria was flooded with more than 1900 calls between 6pm and 11pm – more than six times their usual workload
- Patients blacking out and waking up in hospital
- Unprecedented number of people who fell acutely sick
Two dead after 'thunderstorm asthma' triggers disaster response