Last night's magnitude 6.1 quake off the coast of Chile is ironically the"99th" major quake (mag 6 or higher) of 2022 and the 15th of Sept. Will the 100th major quake, mag 6 or higher rock the planet this weekend. Credit USGS.
There has been a rush of worldwide speculation about the Jewish Shemitah year ending and the 50-year Jubilee beginning this weekend for some time, especially on the internet. In fact, the internet has exploded with a multitude of posts and videos claiming the "rapture" will take place or the 7-year tribulation period shall begin, as mentioned in "A Revelation to John," in our Bible. Still, others are warning of a massive solar storm from our star will knock us all back into the stone age. Other people are claiming a monster-sized earthquake will rock the planet, WWIII is about to begin, with Russia releasing nuclear weapons, a stock market crash or that an asteroid or meteor will hit the Earth causing untold damage—What a weekend we have in store!
So, I have had a look at what "could," happen.
- Rapture—Always possible, such an event is not known by any man, especially the likes of you and me! However, I would suggest it as highly unlikely this weekend because, in my humble opinion, many prophecies have yet to be fulfilled. . .
- The 7-year tribulation period will begin—Anyone with a small amount of Bible knowledge would tell us, the tribulation has begun or is very close, once again, we as humans don't really know, but the signs we were told to look out for by Jesus and the prophets are there in spades, time will tell, we may have a sign this weekend, it wouldn't surprise me.
- A massive X 10± class solar flare, solar storm, or coronal mass ejection will impact earth knocking out all electronic infrastructure—This could happen at any time and will happen eventually and indeed has happened in the past. In 1859 the Carrington Event knocked out the internet of the time—The telegraph system, burning telegraph poles and electrocuting the operators. There are two sunspot areas to look out for this weekend facing the earth although NASA is forecasting only a 0.5% chance of an X-class flare hitting the earth. However, they are also predicting 50% of "severe" high-latitude geomagnetic storms.
- Massive magnitude 6+ earthquake—This is an interesting one! Last night's magnitude 6.1 quake off the coast of Chile is ironically the"99th" major quake (mag 6 or higher) of 2022. I will stick my neck out here and say the 100th major quake, mag 6 or higher will rock the planet this weekend. What I don't know is where it will imact—I hope my friends in the US will forgive me when I tell you a major quake on the West Coast of America is long overdue, let us hope it doesn't happen this weekend.
- WWIII—Could well be, Putin appears to be on the ropes at home and in Ukraine. He is in a corner and we all know what rats do when cornered. Could we be on the verge of nuclear war? I seriously don't know.
- A stock market crash—This is unlikely because they are closed at the weekend. However, yesterday the DOW plunged to its lowest level since 2020. The British pound tanked to its lowest value in decades and the Euro slumped too. This one is the most interesting in my opinion because stock market crashes are common at the end of a Jewish Shemitah year: For example, on September 17th, 2001 we witnessed the greatest one-day stock market crash in U.S. history up to that time. The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 684 points, and that was a record that stood for precisely seven years until the end of the next Shemitah year.
In September 2008, we witnessed another historic stock market crash. On September 29th, 2008 the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged '777 points.' That was another all-time record, and many felt that it was extremely significant that the Dow declined 777 points just as one 7-year Shemitah cycle was ending and another 7-year Shemitah cycle was beginning.
In 2015, the stock market was closed because the end of the Semitah year fell on Sunday, September 13th. But we did witness a tremendous amount of financial shaking during the months of August and September that year.
- Asteroid or meteor to impact Earth—Not likely, however, NASA, just today, September 24th, 2293 potentially hazardous asteroids are heading our way!