- Planet has crossed the tipping point
- Our planet is creaking under the strain
- By 2020 two thirds of all wild animals who once lived on the world will be dead.
- The world's primates face an "extinction crisis" with 60% of species now threatened with extinction
- Unprecedented death of millions of tons of marine life around the world’s oceans and water ways
- NOAA and NASA claimed 2016 marked three consecutive years of record warmth for the globe with the first eight months of 2016 unprecedented warmth!
- 10 of the 11 warmest years ever recorded coming in the last 16 years
- Not climate change but climate "changed"
- North Pole warmer than the Mediterranean in winter
- World population soon to hit 8 billion and accelerating
- Wars and rumors of wars
In just three years’ time the World will have lost two-thirds of all wild animals.
This amazing statistic from The Living Planet Index goes on: The number of wild animals living on Earth is set to fall by two-thirds by 2020, according to a new report, part of a mass extinction that is destroying the natural world upon which humanity depends.
The analysis, the most comprehensive to date, indicates that animal populations plummeted by 58% between 1970 and 2012, with losses on track to reach 67% by 2020. Researchers from WWF and the Zoological Society of London compiled the report from scientific data and found that the destruction of wild habitats, hunting and pollution were to blame.
In another report released by journal Science Advances are claiming the world's primates face an "extinction crisis" with 60% of species now threatened with extinction, according to research.
A global study, involving more than 30 scientists, assessed the conservation status of more than 500 individual species. This also revealed that 75% of species have populations that are declining.
Add to this the unprecedented death of millions of tons of marine life around the world’s oceans and water ways all point to a crisis which has crossed the tipping point.
Just yesterday NOAA along with NASA claimed 2016 marked three consecutive years of record warmth for the globe with the first eight months of 2016 unprecedented warmth!
With 10 of the 11 warmest years ever recorded coming in the last 16 years it is fair to claim climate change is climate changed it will never recover.
The Sun hasn't risen over its horizon for more than two months yet the North Pole was warmer than South of France, Italy, Greece Turkey and Syria this week and not for the first time either this winter!
The world is creaking under the stress; crops are failing all over the world due to extreme weather, and with 7.5 billion people we can’t possibly feed everyone, even though the West probably throw’s away enough food to feed the poorest.
During the 20th century alone, the population in the world has grown from 1.65 billion to 6 billion.
In 1970, there were roughly half as many people in the world as there are now. We will hit 8 billion people within the next 8 years.